A couple of days ago EMILY posted about this wonderful pasta. Well... we have colds and are feeling miserable.. so diets be ditched and lets bring on the warm comfort food.
OH YEAH, this was reallllly good.
and the next night we added deli roast chicken and it was JUST as GOOD the second time around. So good I had to share!
THANK YOU EMILY.
16 oz rigatoni
1 stick butter
1/2 c flour
1 c milk
1 can chicken broth
3 chicken breasts, cooked & shredded
1/2lb mushrooms, sliced
3/4 c half & half
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 c Parmesan
3/4 c sliced almonds
1. cook chicken (sometimes i buy a cooked chicken from costco & shred the chicken so i don't have to cook frozen chicken, saves mucho time-o)
2. cook pasta, set aside & drain
3. while pasta is cooking, melt butter in large sauce pan (keep on low medium heat entire time)
4. whisk milk (not half & half) and flour until smooth, stir into butter once melted, add chicken broth, stirring constantly (if lumpy, use whisk to stir until smooth).
5. add half & half, stir until smooth and thickened.
6. add salt, nutmeg, chicken, mushrooms, and rigatoni.
7. put into baking greased baking dish.
8. bake COVERED at 350* for 35 minutes, then stir.
9. sprinkle Parmesan and almonds, bake 15 min. more UNCOVERED.