Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Friday, February 18, 2011

Food Fun Friday - Garlic Lime Tilapia

We have a love hate relationship with Tilapia.  The fish is a nice white fish, and reasonably priced.  But sometimes the meat is just soso for taste! and it is so thin that some pieces (after cooked) just fade away!!
Tilapia is low in fat, and fish is so good for you, AND it is on our South Beach/Atkins Menu!
I finally found a recipe for good Tilapia.  You can make a ton, or just a little, your call! 
Another plus, it is easy-peasy.


Garlic Lime Tilapia

• 3 Tbs. butter
• 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed

• 6 Tilapia fillets
• Old Bay Seasoning
• 1/4 cup lime juice


Melt the butter in a large skillet. Add the garlic and cook for a minute or two.
Season the fish with Old Bay Seasoning on both sides of each fillet. Add to the skillet. Cook for several minutes. Flip and cook the other side for a couple minutes. Pour the lime juice into the skillet. Cover and cook the last few minutes until the fish flakes easily with a fork.

7 Wonderful People Who Commented:

regan said...

This looks yummy! I use tilapia in my fish tacos.....with chipotle marinade then coated in crushed torilla chips, and then broiled.....very fast! I can get home from work and in 10 minutes be eating supper! LOVE that!

I'm trying your recipe next time! And your pic looks right out of cookbook....beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I have never heard of that kind of fish, but that looks yummy. Hugs

The Single Nester said...

I love Tilapia. I cook it by dipping in paprika tinged flour, hot sauce tinged eggs and Panko bread crumbs. Delicious and healthy!

CB said...

OOOOHHHHHHHHH - I am currently making my grocery list and THIS will be on it!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Interesting that I should read this post now, because I had tilapia for lunch.
It was NASTAY!
And
I fixed it myself.

I am so NOT in love with fish right now.
I'm tired of behaving with my food.
I love/hate South Beach cuz I always do so well when I doing it.

I will give this recipe a try.
Now, help me out with chicken breasts next K?

Joanna Jenkins said...

Thanks for the recipe. I'm always looking for low fat ways to make fish.
Happy weekend, jj

Susan Anderson said...

You're right. Sometimes the cuts of tilapia are better than others. But this recipe sounds like a winner!

=)