Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Food Fun-Roasted Chickpeas & a quick lunch

Today is a Friday Two-Fer
I had my little snake already…. And my friend Carmen gave me another recipe for a GREAT SNACK ( I actually eat it for lunch)
It's full of protein, and flavor… .. yum-yum-0 (too much Rachael Ray?)
Cut up: apples, chicken breast, walnuts, dried cranberries.
Mix them all together with lowfat yogurt. Great as a lunch (with romaine leaves) or as a snack! THANK YOU CARMEN! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Roasted Chickpeas – a pop-em in your mouth snack
There are many variations on this snack. I just did the easy-sneezy one


Preheat oven to 450.
1can chickpeas (15/5oz) rinsed and drained
2 tbl olive oil
salt & pepper to taste
any other seasonings (I used garlic, and I have used lemon pepper)
Mix ingredients together in a shallow baking pan. Bake for about 20 minutes until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
A great snack warm! Like popcorn, (only sort of.. well that’s what they say, but not really)
Its good for you!














2 Wonderful People Who Commented:

Lauren said...

the chick peas sound ick.
the chicken salad... maaaaybe?

carmen said...

You are so cute! Thanks for sharing my receipe, and tell me more about the chick peas. I know I have had them before, but are they like a legume?? High protein?? I think I would like this - I'm gonna try it and see!! Thanks!!