This weekend ended faster than normal. Always so much to be done, especially on a 'holiday' weekend. I am thankful for the time when I was raising my girls and I didn't have to work outside the home... but now being organized is an important part of our lives. I read an article (Simplify your life in Metro Christian Living written by Cathy Haynie.) and I liked some of her ideas and thought I'd share 'em. Just a few simple things to make life more simple and organized-
*these are the ones to put into practice:
1. Keep house plants to a minimum.*
2. Keep only one credit card in your wallet.
3. Have a place to drop keys, phone and bag close to the door.
4. Keep a travel toiletry bag packed.
5. Double and freeze one meal a week.*
6. Pack lunches, work bag, and school bag the night before.*
7. Have a place for duplicate keys and stock it for emergencies.
8. Make dinner decisions the night before.
9. Make the bed every day as your feet hit the floor.
10. Have one place for mail.
11. Use a crock-pot often.*
12. Don't answer the phone during dinner.
13. De-clutter by clearing off kitchen and bath counters, the front of the fridge, and the console of your car.
14. Always keep a little cash and change in your wallet.
15. Use baskets wherever you tend to pile clutter.*
16. Buy each family member one jumbo package of their own kind of white sock and get rid of the rest.
NOW what I really need is for each of you to tell me which number is your favorite... the one that YOU need the most, or the one that YOU actually accomplish and it works for you!!! and hopefully it will work for me too!