Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Monday, May 9, 2011

Simplify your (my) life - - - - help me out here will ya!

This weekend ended faster than normal.  Always so much to be done, especially on a 'holiday' weekend.  I am thankful for the time when I was raising my girls and I didn't have to work outside the home... but now being organized is an important part of our lives.  I read an article (Simplify your life in Metro Christian Living written by Cathy Haynie.) and I liked some of her ideas and thought I'd share 'em. Just a few simple things to make life more simple and organized-

*these are the ones to put into practice:
1. Keep house plants to a minimum.*
2. Keep only one credit card in your wallet.
3. Have a place to drop keys, phone and bag close to the door.
4. Keep a travel toiletry bag packed.
5. Double and freeze one meal a week.*
6. Pack lunches, work bag, and school bag the night before.*
7. Have a place for duplicate keys and stock it for emergencies.
8. Make dinner decisions the night before.
9. Make the bed every day as your feet hit the floor.
10. Have one place for mail.
11. Use a crock-pot often.*
12. Don't answer the phone during dinner.
13. De-clutter by clearing off kitchen and bath counters, the front of the fridge, and the console of your car.
14. Always keep a little cash and change in your wallet.
15. Use baskets wherever you tend to pile clutter.*
16. Buy each family member one jumbo package of their own kind of white sock and get rid of the rest.
NOW what I really need is for each of you to tell me which number is your favorite... the one that YOU need the most, or the one that YOU actually accomplish and it works for you!!! and hopefully it will work for me too!

7 Wonderful People Who Commented:

The McEwans said...

I really need a mail organizer. That would help me tons!!!

Susan Anderson said...

I do number 15, and my husband hates it.

;)

Welcome to the Garden of Egan said...

Great tips!
I'm slowly making my way to SIMPIFY and love your tips!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

need to do 4 5 and 11 more often..trying to do 8 as it keeps me on track and I am more efficient..the rest some apply that I do already and some do not..I like this list though..have a wonderful week ahead.;)hope you had a wonderful mothers day.;)

Lauren said...

hmm well #1 is something i do (Read 0 plants) because I kill them... 5 and 8 are something i LIKE to do but rarely plan far enough in advance for. and 15 is something I am trying to do as often as I can.

Liz Mays said...

I definitely like to keep my counters clutter-free or I get a little cranky, and I do keep my mail all in one spot. :)

regan said...

We are strict followers of 1, 2, 4, 10, 12 & 14....but our lives and house are still in chaos! Go figure!

I think 3, 11 & 13 would be oh-so-nice to try for....I'm going to get up right now and see if I can find that crockpot....hmmmmm.....where could it be? lol