Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Friday, July 22, 2011

Food Fun Friday- Roasted Summer Vegetables

It's simple
It's easy
It's healthy
 This was one of the best dishes... and so easy, yes you bet I'll be making it again.

Roasted Summer Vegetables (serves 6)
3 zucchini
3 yellow squash
1 1/2 TBL Kosher salt
1/2 black pepper
2 TBL EVOO
Heat oven 400
If needed, peel vegetables and slice into 1/4 inch thick slices.  Assemble vegetables to your preferred dish and drizzle olive oil on top.  finish preparation with kosher salt and black pepper.
Bake for 30 minutes
 I only used 1 zuccini and 1 yellow squash (there are only 2 of us) in a smaller pan.. it was wonderful!
I found it here: http://www.bakersroyale.com/savory/summer-roasted-vegetables/
with THEIR BEAUTIFUL picture
mine was still just as good!

5 Wonderful People Who Commented:

Liz Mays said...

Those look wonderful for summer. YUM!

Momza said...

I love summer squashes! Now I think I'll head out to the Farmer's Market and pick some up for dinner tonight!
THanks Lisa!

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh I love roasted veggies..too bad hubby doesn't..guess I will just have to make this myself.;)have a great weekend and enjoy the sun we are getting..;)

CB said...

What a beautiful and healthy dish.
I really love all squashes and am always looking for new ways to prepare them.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Em said...

I have massive zuchinnis in my fridge right now!!!! Can't wait to try this!