This week I am featuring recipes I've made out of pumpkin. It certainly is that time of year!!
I'd like to say that I love the look of pumpkins around the house, but not necessarily the taste of ONLY pumpkin... which is why I've been on the hunt for THE best recipes that use pumpkin!! Not anything like pumpkin pie (that is WAY too much pumpkin for me!) I will explain the recipes and AFTER the recipe I will comment on them:
Cheesecake Carmel Pumpkin Cups
(easier than it looks)
1tsp Baking powder
1/2tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
1/2C brown sugar
1C canned pumpkin
1C chocolate chips
Combine all ingredients saving the chocolate chips for last.
Important: *use mini muffin tins*
drop ½ TBL into greased mini muffin tins, then press the end of a thick spoon or scoop to make a 'bowl'.
If you have to use a cookie sheet: drop ½ TBL onto greased cookie sheet and press the back of a tablespoon into the tops of the cookies to create a shallow ‘bowl’.
Bake 350° for 9 minutes. Remove to wire rack to cool
Cheesecake Buttercream Middle
8oz. regular cream cheese
1/4C butter, softened
1 tsp lemon juice
1 TBL sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
4C confectioners sugar (more or less for desired consistency.
(best made in a mixer) Whisk together the cream cheese and butter. Alternately add 1C of the confectioner’s sugar with 1 wet ingredient until all ingredients have been added. Whisking in between additions.
Pipe cheesecake buttercream into cookie cups. Drizzle with caramel and sprinkle with pecans.
1. I will use LESS chocolate chips next time. It dominated the flavor.
2. It only made about 18 little mini 'cups'.
3. After putting a 1/2 TBL in the muffin tin, I used the end of an ice cream scoop to make these look like 'cups'.
4. The Buttercream 'middle' made WAY too much frosting, hence the need for tomorrows recipe. (The people at my work have had a great time eating all my offerings!)
5. I took this recipe to the church dinner. It looked VERY impressive! too bad there were only 16. With the caramel drizzle and pecans, it is actually a pretty expensive recipe too!.
found the picture and recipe here: http://www.somethingswanky.com/2011/09/cheesecake-caramel-pumpkin-cups.html