Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Thursday, July 9, 2009

before & after Guest Room

This is the before picture: just a little bit country, a little bit hodgepodge with our "newly" married life and a little bit of his furniture and mine and whatever linens fit at the time. Well, inspiration has struck and I'm -done- with country! so.... i took the bed apart and FILLED IN ALL THE LITTLE HOLES that were "banged" into the wood to make it look "distressed" MAN did that take forever. then.. I wood puttyed the country carving in the center of the bed. and then sanded that....
I painted the whole thing, head board & foot board a Shinny Modern Black......
And *Viola* Sleek, Modern and hopefully richly elegant & relaxing.
here is a closeup of the bed and all the wood-filling and sanding. hmmm although since it is black you can't see all the smoothness of it! oh well.
and my cute little table that I "made" my girlfriend buy at a yard sale and her husband threw a fit and said was so ugly so I spray painted it black and it looks great and she is sorry now!
Crystal lamp is yard sale find for $3.00. Lamp shade/walmart with antique trim glued on.
An old unfinished "country" table I had, that I painted black and turned the Heart cut out toward the wall.
These are the same curtains... and I think I am going to try and find material to put a swag up (again black and gold stripe) and use these to hold it:

8 Wonderful People Who Commented:

Susan Anderson said...

Wow. You are my new idol! That bed is gorgeous!!!! What a transformation.

=)

Lauren said...

ooh! very pretty! and i LOVe that table!!1
when i have a house to decorate, you will have to show my how to do stuff like this...
cant wait to sleep there!

kieri said...

Looks beautiful and elegant. I can't wait to see it in person!

kieri said...

Awww, and you kept the picture i made you for christmas in there!

Em said...

your talents amaze me!!!!

The Stylish House said...

Lisa,
Using black paint really updated your pieces. Monograms are so hot right now, maybe you could work one into your room. Is that a crown on the shelf under the little lamp? I hope you keep posting as you go along :)
Cathy

Gilbert Family said...

VERY nice!!! i was always amazed at the el granada house how cute it was decorated. so...yeah...you NEED to come do our home. what can you do with 5 bucks? haha

Anonymous said...

Hi all. How are you?