Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Friday, July 10, 2009

Food Fun Friday- Tortillini Salad to Go

I'm off to a family reunion tomorrow... about 4hrs away. WHAT TO MAKE AND TAKE...
I ran across Cathy here and she had this wonderful recipe. Not my taste (buds), but seems everyone else likes these.. AND easy AND a great Make & Take:

Tortillini Salad to Go thank you Cathy
I’m all about simplicity and minimal ingredients. I always make too much of this recipe and then get to enjoy it for lunch the rest of the week. For the large bowl as shown in the last photo I used 3 times the tortellini, beans and tomatoes. This is what I took to a 4th of July barbeque on Saturday.
For a lunch serving for 3-4:
One large bag of frozen cheese tortellini
One can (yeah, can) of cut green beans, drained
One basket of cherry tomatoes
One bottle or less of Italian dressing (I prefer to make mine using balsamic vinegar)You can adjust the ingredient quantities, you can’t really mess this up. You should resist the urge to add other ingredients, such as olives, etc. Trust me, this combination is time tested.The night before serving, cook and drain the tortellini. Coat with about 1/3 dressing and chill overnight. The next day, add tomatoes (I prefer to halve mine), drained beans and the remaining dressing, stir and chill until ready to serve. You should make extra for yourself, seriously.

0 Wonderful People Who Commented: