Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Friday, March 12, 2010

Food Fun Friday-Pasta e Fagioli


This is is Winter Food. And there's nothing I like more on a cold rainy day than
STOUP
That's right folks, its not stew and not soup but a mix of them both.
and BOY oh BOY was it yummmmmmy!!!
this made a lot too! I found it here.

Pasta e Fagioli - The differences: I used ground Turkey,
I still have the question of why the vinegar???

But whatever, it was DELICIOUS-NESS
my tummy is full and warm mmm enjoy


Pasta e Fagioli
1 pound hamburger
1 onion-diced
2 celery stalks-chopped
2 garlic cloves-minced
1 cup of carrots (I always just have the baby carrots on hand)-slice them into thin strips
2 14.5 ounce cans of diced tomatoes
1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
1 15 ounce can kidney beans
1 15 ounce can great norther beans
2 cups of V-8 juice
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon basil
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon thyme
1/2 pound of ditali pasta

Brown the hamburger, then drain. Saute with hamburger onion, carrots, celery, and garlic for about 10 minutes. Then add tomatoes, V-8, vinegar, and beans (in their juices). Let simmer for about an hour. In a separate pot cook the pasta for only about 5 minutes-until still crunchy. Then add to the soup. It will cook the rest of the way in the soup-only about 10 minutes is needed. Serve and enjoy!

1 Wonderful People Who Commented:

Susan Anderson said...

Stoup! Why not? I love soup. I love stew. Hey, this could work!

=)