Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Monday, September 20, 2010

Successful Super Saturday Shared with Sisters

Super Saturday was Super.
Everyone who came had a great time.
class #1 was making LDS Temple etched plates.
It was the most popular class.. and all the plates looked great!
Class #2 had a couple of cards to make and really cute gingerbread bag of treats to make, (the bag not the treat)!!
Class #3 was about chalk board candle/candy holders. And learning about all the things you could make into chalk boards. A couple of gals even left class to go next door to the recycle place to look for more cabinet door's to make into chalk boards!!
Class #4 was making hot/cold rice/wheat therapy bags (for the microwave or freezer... hence the hot cold reference).
Class #5 Tile Coasters, with vinyl lettering.
all in all a great day and YUMMMY pot luck treats and recipes to share!!!
It was fun and I am sore.
Next stop... a Holiday Dinner planned for November: The Spice of Life Theme~ better start early on this one~!

7 Wonderful People Who Commented:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like so much fun. The pictures are great, thanks for sharing them. Hope the soreness goes away quickly...do you have one of those hot/cold rice/wheat therapy bags, bet that would help that soreness. Have a great week. Hugs

The McEwans said...

Looks like fun! Wish I could have been there!

Susan Anderson said...

You know me...I'm not much for making crafts. But I ALWAYS have fun at Super Saturday, just gabbin'.

=)

sherree said...

It was fun!! I was just looking over the recipes thinking I really want to make something from them tonight.I just love the recipe sharing,we should do that with every potluck :) let me know if i can help with the spice of life dinner.I have a lot of spice in me LOL ;)

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

glad you had a great time..i am on the ward activity committee.;) guess its better then the itty bitty..well you get the picture.;)you know that wouldn't be a bad committee to be on..lol..;) have a great week..;)

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

What a time you 'sisters' must of had. It's always fun to draw on the table, no matter what the age and the activities are just fab. I had a grandmother of a Special Ed. student make me one of those bags and I've used it for years....love it! Baby the food looked marvelous...droolin' here.

Ya'll have a wonderfully blessed day, ya hear!!! :o)

Lara Updike said...

Thanks for the chalkboard ideas. I made mine and now I'm wondering which brand of velcro you use to hang up your pictures. And what section of Wal-mart do you find them in?