Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Friday, June 10, 2011

Food Fun Friday- Chicken Parmesan, in a Crock Pot

First of all I have to say that Crock Pots make me happy.
I don't have to worry all day about what is for dinner.
I don't feel rushed when I come home tired after work.
It's all decided, AND DONE! 
I love you my sweet Crock Pot-


Chicken Parmesan in a Crock Pot
2-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1/2 C bread crumbvs
1/4 C parmeasan cheese
1/2 t Italian Seasoniong
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp Kosher salt
1 Tbl olive oil
1 beaten egg
sliced mozzarella cheese
favorite jarred marinara sauce

Spread the olive oil in the bottom of your crockpot stoneware insert. 
Whip the egg with t fork in a separate bowl. 
Mix the bread crumbs with the seasonings and the Parmesan cheese in another separate dish. 
Dip the chicken into the egg, then into the bread crumb mixture coating both sides with crumbs, cheese and seasonings. 
Place the chicken breasts in the bottom of the crock pot. 
Layer the 2-3 slices of mozzarella cheese on top.
Cover with entire jar of marinara sauce. 
Cover and cook on low for 6-7 hours or high for 3-4.  If your chicken is still frozen it will take longer.   ( I do think next time I will use frozen chicken because 10 hours on the crockpot made the cheese a little bit rubbery!)
Serve with your favorite pasta.

2 Wonderful People Who Commented:

Susan Anderson said...

I love my crock pot, too. And I will make this recipe for sure!

=)

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

what times dinner?...yumm..you always share the "tastiest" recipes..;)