Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Friday, June 17, 2011

Food Fun Friday- Pecan Pie Muffins

Let me start by saying that yesterday was a sad day in whoo-ville...   MY CROCK POT DIED....
I love my crock pot!
I was making this yummy Mediterranean chicken.
I put in the 4 chicken breasts in the morning and was going to arrive home in the evening, chop up some olives and steam some broccoli.  yum yum
I arrived to a COLD crock pot and slimy chicken breast that Mr. Produce said I COULD NOT cook, as they had been sitting out all day and meat, especially chicken, CAN NOT be kept at a temperature above 41 degrees (41 are you serious??)
So not only did we not have dinner AND his lunch for Friday, but I had to throw away the chicken and the crock pot.
sad
sad
sad
here is a recipe from my files:  yummy but not healthy... because I am not in the mood for healthy eats!

Simple.  Even better sitting overnight.  Not too sweet, a little bit squishy in the center with a nice little crust around the edge..

Pecan Pie Muffins (Makes 9)
Ingredients:
2/3 C softened butter
2 eggs
1 C brown sugar
1 C crushed pecans
1/2 C flour, (set aside)
3 T of butter


Instructions:
1. Blend butter and eggs.
2. Add in the rest of ingredients (except the 3 T. of butter), just until combined.
3. Pour into 9, greased muffins.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes at 350 degrees.
5. Add a pad of butter to the top of each muffin and let 'em melt.
http://christyrobbins.blogspot.com/2010/11/pecan-pie-muffins.html

3 Wonderful People Who Commented:

Susan Anderson said...

You have the best recipes, Lisa. I'll bet your family has enjoyed all the great things you've cooked them over the years.

=)

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh yumm..I am so trying these around the holidays..would make great little gifties at christmas tie=me too..so are you on the look out for another crock pot..that sucks that you had to throw it all away...have a great weekend and enjoy this weather.;)

regan said...

Seriously....1/2 cup of flour for 9 muffins? Ok....I'm trying these the second I get home from vaca. They sound great! Love pecan pie! This makes is possible to have it for breatkfast! Yay!