Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Friday, March 25, 2011

Food Fun Friday - Frittata

first and foremost, you guys rock, you are always so supportive... I felt weird going on about the upcoming wedding and ideas I have.. but you guys really listened and chimed in with interest and ideas. YAY YOU  Thank you from the bottom of my little pea picking heart, although I don't pick peas.

Last weekend I rented Morning Glory:
a fluffy chick flick.
In the movie the character played by Harrison Ford makes a frittata...

Last night there was nothing thawed for dinner.... people coming over in a while so I had to make dinner for us quick and clean up quick
hmmm what to make.......what to make
LIGHTBULB...I did just as the character in the movie did... looked around my kitchen for items that could go into an omelet, umm I mean frittata.  (all you really HAVE to have are eggs and cheese, after that it's anyone's game.) There are tons of recipes on the Internet about ingredients..but I liked being resourceful and looking through the kitchen for items that could be used!
I also realized that I do not have a sauce pan that could go in the oven, but I do have oven proof plates...

This is an easy, a totally filling meal that helps clean out your left overs!!! (and atkins/southbeach friendly!)

A frittata is almost like a quiche... and a lot like an omelet.
I'm adding this one to the menu for once a week!

6 Wonderful People Who Commented:

Susan Anderson said...

My mom used to make frittatas all the time. I love them!

=)

The Single Nester said...

I love me a good frittata!

Cami @ Creating Myself said...

Hi Lisa...nice to meet you! Thanks for the visit & the comment. The cattle barns flea is an indoors flea market, in Ft Worth, that is held in the cattle barns of the coliseum. It's open year round except when the rodeo is in town in Jan & February. (Gosh that sounds so Texan! LOL) The pickin's are good & while it's not heated or cooled, it is some protection from the heat & cold. And it's pet-friendly so the dogs can go too.

LOVE your blog! I've explored your flower tuts...thank you! I was just shopping my daughter & she found some headbands made w/ zipper blooms. I talked her out of buying them, telling her that I could make her some. With your tutorial, now I can. ;)

Home and Heart said...

Gotta love Harrison Ford, and that frittata looks delish!!

Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking said...

Wow that frittata looks so good. I am new to your blog and so glad that I found it!

Momza said...

I've never made one, but yours looks delisioso!!