So I am just taking it one step at a time. Flylady.netYou start out by Cleaning Your Sink:
She has great ideas for the family.
She talks a lot about clutter.
and has a book about body clutter.
and frankly her site is a little cluttered but if you stay focused you can get everything in order.
but then again some of us are hopeless. AND that's why we keep coming back.
I will leave you with this quick and easy way to get your house ready in a snap!!
10 Steps to a Clean House Now!
- Make Your Bed. This always comes first.
- Get Dressed. Fix your face and hair and put your shoes on too
- Set the Mood. Put on some good working music & light a good-smelling candle.
ARE YOU READY?!?
Use a timer for the next steps and spend 10 minutes on each numbered task
When the timer goes off, it is time to move on.
- Kitchen. Start with the sink - wipe it down and clear it out. Then fill the sink up with hot soapy water and start to clear off the counters. DO NOT GET SIDETRACKED AND START TO CLEAN OUT A CABINET. WE ARE DOING ONLY SURFACE CLEANING. Empty the dishwasher. Load the dishwasher. Wipe down the counters and wipe down the outside all your appliances. (Maybe wipe the inside of your microwave if you have some extra time.) *Please note, this will take longer than 10 minutes, we know that. The goal is to work hard for 10 minutes, then move on to step 5. You will come back to this step and finish what you didn’t get done the first time around.
- Living Room. Get a laundry basket and put the things that don't belong in the living room in the basket. (You will take care of these items later.) Take a garbage bag and start throwing away the trash. When the timer goes off, head to the bathroom.
- Bathroom. Clean the bathroom sink first, swish the toilet, then pick up the dirty clothes and put them in the hamper. Straighten the rugs, hang some fresh towels if you need to. Wipe the mirrors and spray some air freshener
- Break. Walk around and look at what you have accomplished in just 30 minutes. Set the timer for 10 minutes and have a seat. Grab a snack and grab a drink. When the timer goes off, you are back in work mode.
- Repeat steps 4,5 & 6, picking up where you left off. Spend 10 minutes on each step, then take another 10 minute break. Do this until you are happy with your results. It may be one rotation, it may be 2 or 3.
- Floors. Sweep, then vacuum, then mop, each for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off after moping, take a break. Repeat as necessary.
- Take Care of it. All the items you gathered in the laundry basket can now be put away.
Every 30 minutes take a 10 minute break- does that make sense? We can all stay focused on one job for 10 minutes. You are going to be so surprised at how much you get done in a day's time. You can do this. Now turn off the computer and get to work!