This is a great salad for entertaining. I've even taken it to a family reunion.
Head of romaine lettuce
Basket of raspberries
1 red onion, sliced
1/2 C mayonnaise
2 Tbl raspberry vinegar
1/3 C sugar
1/4 C milk
2 Tbl poppy seeds
It is as easy as it sounds.
While looking for a picture to use for the salad, I ran across THIS recipe for
Raspberry Chicken Salad from Taste of Home.com
- 1 cup 100% raspberry spreadable fruit
- 1/3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 8 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 24 fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl, combine spreadable fruit and vinegar; set aside 3/4 cup for dressing. Broil chicken 4 in. from the heat for 5-7 minutes on each side or until juices run clear, basting occasionally with remaining raspberry mixture. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange greens and onion on salad plates. Slice chicken; place over greens. Drizzle with reserved dressing. Garnish with raspberries. Yield: 4 servings.
Come on Summer, we are tired of the gloom, and rain and drizzle and generally lousy weepy weather.