Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Friday, June 25, 2010

Food Fun Friday- Home Made Salsa

When I saw this recipe over at iheartnaptime... I KNEW I would be making this soon.
Restaurant Style Salsa- adapted from The Pioneer Women
Iingredients
  • 1 can (28 Ounce) Whole Tomatoes With Juice
  • 2 cans (10 Ounce) Rotel (diced Tomatoes And Green Chilies) Original or Mild
  • ¼ cups Chopped Onion
  • 1 clove Garlic, Minced
  • ¼ teaspoons Sugar
  • ¼ teaspoons Salt
  • ½ cups Cilantro (more To Taste!)
  • ½ whole Lime Juice

  • If you like your salsa spicy throw in:
  • 1/2 to 1 JalapeƱo, Quartered And Sliced Thin
  • 1/8 tsp ground cumin
Preparation Instructions
Combine whole tomatoes, Rotel, onion, jalapeno, garlic, sugar, salt, cumin, lime juice, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Pulse until you get the salsa to the consistency you’d like—I do about 10 to 15 pulses. Test seasonings with a tortilla chip and adjust as needed.
Refrigerate salsa for at least an hour. Serve with tortilla chips or cheese nachos

My Notes:
I put everything in the blender... the last thing I put in the blender was that large can of tomatoes (24oz) and there wasn't enough room so I left out about half the can.
It is delicious, well Mr. Produce says it is, I don't like tomatoes... but I did put 3 HEAPING spoon fulls into the guacamole and it tasted GREAT. It was not too spicy!


and what is that I see in the background??????
yes, my fist harvesting of lavender!!! Summer MUST be here!!!
recipe found here

3 Wonderful People Who Commented:

Susan Anderson said...

I am going to drive up there one day and see that lavender. In fields. For real.

=)

CB said...

I love homemade salsa and it is so good for you!

The Lavender is just beautiful!

My daughter brought home Lavendar Soda the other day - it's all the rage around here this summer. Who knew?

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

yum...I love salsa..might just have to put this on my list.:) have a great weekend.:)