Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Friday, June 18, 2010

Food Fun Friday- Real Vanilla Frosting

I am a frosting connoisseur.

We went to a wedding last weekend that served cupcakes, yum yum so guess I was in the mood for MORE...

I found an interesting recipe for Vanilla frosting...using a real vanilla bean.

It's actually REALLY easy. I made cupcakes with yellow cake mix but this would have tasted even better with a spice cake or gingerbread!

(oh and I cut the recipe in half.. except for using the WHOLE inside of the vanilla bean)

Real Vanilla Bean Frosting

4 sticks of softened butter

4 C powdered sugar

1/2 to the inside of a vanilla bean (leave out if you want pure white... but defeats the whole purpose of Real Vanilla frosting)



Beat icing for 5=7 minutes

here's a picture of me scraping the 'stuff' out of the middle of the bean.

and here they are .. and yes there are little flakes but I think it adds to the beauty. I got rave reviews from everyone I gave them to (you don't think I would eat them all MYSELF do you?)
anddddddd don't forget to sign up for my 200th post giveaway here


Come on the odds are GOOD.


5 Wonderful People Who Commented:

Lauren said...

they look yum! maybe I will try this for father's day...

Susan Anderson said...

I bet my youngest son would love this. He is a vanilla bean freak.

=)

Liz Mays said...

Oh my gosh, that looks insanely delicious!

TheCakeTop said...

Yum Yum Yum! I'm a vanilla nut and love any food involving vanilla. I will have to try this one, love the pics too!

Lauren said...

ok i just made this and it is de-lish! found my new fav frosting recipe--- no more canned junk for us!