Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Monday, November 22, 2010

A Change is a-commin'

Another weekend down the drain... try as I might I can never fit enough into a weekend to get it all done.
I did manage to get all my sheetmusic ornaments done.  They look ok, but not like I thought they would.
I also got all my key ornaments done, and now I just need to print out the saying that goes with them.
 
 This year feels a little bit different.We don't usually have any of our kids here for Thanksgiving, but we won't have any for Christmas either and frankly my house looks like an episode of hoarders..NOT because I'm a hoarder or anything (sarcastic font used here...) but I am going through everything... ok not really the best time of year to do that... but certainly a necessary time to do that.  The change is approaching fast.  There is lots to be done, and preparation is key... KEY... get it..  well anyway... I am still prepping my mother for the change and that is a whole 'nother story.  She has NEVER liked change.  She will not change.  She just won't.  so...  sometimes you have to let nature take it's course.   She has been sick these last couple of weeks, bronchitis and has had no energy and still after a couple of weeks is just tired and feeling lousy. After this time of sickness and realizing she is getting a little bit older (83 but still "not elderly") she HAS AGREED TO THE CHANGE!!!!   now I just need to get HER (queen of the hoarders... hey where do you think I got it!) to go through HER things and downsize.  I told her that we are both having to downsize.
 
I love lists.  I have made up a list of the next 3 months with each week a different room.  Well at least I have a different room each week because week one I'll have bathrooms, and week two I'll have HER bathrooms.  Yes changing two households is not going to be fun.  I'm tired already.

...and you've noticed by now I'm not using the actual word, 
we'll just say change for now.

6 Wonderful People Who Commented:

CB said...

Change is definately hard but it is always happening so we have got to deal with it right!
I love that you are making lists to clean out each room - I could really take a page out of your book for that one!
Happy Organizing!!

Winchester Manor said...

Hi Sweet Friend,

Your ornaments are lovely...you clever girl!

Wish I lived closer...I'd help you out. I know it propbably feels so overwhelming when you look at the task as a whole, but it sounds like you have a good plan of attack.

Happy Thanksgiving Sweet Friend!

xoxo
Karyn

Susan Anderson said...

Wow...Change, indeed. You are going to be VERY busy. Hugs to you both as you make it happen.

=)

Together We Save said...

Those are wonderful ideas!!

Wendy said...

You need to check out Recipe Cut Outs. You won! www.recipecutouts.blogspot.com

Liz Mays said...

I'm sentimental and downsizing is tough for me!!!

I love your ornaments!