Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Friday, November 5, 2010

Food Fun Friday-Orange and Arugula Salad

We've been trying to eat healthy, so I'm always repeating my mantra:  healthy, healthy healthy...

I found this recipe that is easy easy easy.. well except for a little time consuming pealing and seeding the orange (ok, ok, I used a mandarin orange... and I guess you could make it even EASIER on yourself and just use canned mandarin oranges!!!)  not a full meal (haha Mr. Produce is laughing!!!) but a nice start to a 'light' meal!

Orange and Arugula Salad

 Ingredients

  • 1 softball-size seedless orange
  • 1 bag of arugula
  • Juice of 1/2 lemon
  • EVOO - Extra Virgin Olive Oil for drizzling
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper

4 Wonderful People Who Commented:

Momza said...

ooo that looks good! I bet it'd be great served with fish too?

Susan Anderson said...

A healthy one! I'm all over it!!

=)

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

oh I love love love arugula..we learned about it living in italy..it is so good on pizza too..;)

Liz Mays said...

It sounds delicious but there's no way I would peel an orange. Canned oranges all the way!