Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

snow snow and more snow

Now I don't know about you, but "most" people say they love snow, sure it's cold, but it's so cozy and fun to play in and just so wintery...
Well I don't like it one bit.  I don't mind snow if I'm inside and don't have to go anywhere... but when you have to go out in the snow, and drive in the snow, that is another story.
Yesterday morning at 7:15 I drove to work with no snow on the ground.  by 8:15 it was snowing like crazy and didn't stop till about 7pm.  We got to leave work a little early, but the roads were awful.  I have a new car that is all wheel drive (bought just for the snow situations) but it is still extremely white knuckle on the roads.  You don't really have control of your car, and everyone else is in the same situation. 
Don't know why.. but driving in snow really freaks me out.  I also don't like walking on the black icy parking lot at work, but I really really really hate driving on snow/ice.  Last night they said that it might get down to 0 with wind chill... hello? this is Washington not Montana or Minnesota.  We are right on the water!
I wonder when the sun comes up what it really is like??????? 'cuz right now I can't see a thing.
my poor Rosemary bush.

6 Wonderful People Who Commented:

Momza said...

man, that is ALOT of snow!
So glad you're home safely.
Is this your first winter in WA?
Sending many warm thoughts your way!

Together We Save said...

Wow - that is alot of snow!! So beautiful!!

Winchester Manor said...

Wowza that's a lot of snow! It sure is pretty but I agree with you, it's no fun trying to get around in it!

Susan Anderson said...

Sheesh! That's a bunch of snow ya got there!

Drive safely!!

And stay warm.

=)

PS. I don't like driving in snow either. Probably because I never did it when I was young, being from California. So it freaked me out. (Still does....)

Ronna said...

I can totally relate! I HATE the snow too! I live in Colorado now, but I grew up in California, and oh how I miss the california weather during the fall and winter. I hate driving in it, it scares me. Glad to know I'm not the only one! LOL.

The Single Nester said...

I do love snow but I do hate driving in it.