Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Monday, November 29, 2010

It's all just around the corner

It seems that December is just around the corner...
a few days away actually...
THE darkest month of the year,
I saw this cute little advent box last year for an enormous amount of money... but the holiday spirit was surrounding me... and I bought it and never made it (sad face)
 
as you can see... I MADE IT THIS YEAR.
It was pretty fun.
 and that is how I spent my Thanksgiving weekend.
along with a little black Friday shopping, cleaning, laundry, finishing up the key ornaments for the ornament exchange, mailing packages, attending 3 craft shows with a friend, cleaning the front room and getting it ready to paint, cutting trees to have enough greenery to decorate 12 tables...
AND finding out there will be a wedding in the next year... our family is growing!!!
yes sireee bob, It IS the holiday season!

8 Wonderful People Who Commented:

Momza said...

your advent calendar is darling!
I have projects waiting for my attention to finish too.
That's what I like about the winter...you have a reason to stay inside, keep warm, and piddle around the house!

Susan Anderson said...

That is so unique; I really like it!

=)

Liz Mays said...

The advent calendar is just absolutely wonderful. I could see that passing through generations!!!

Ormolulu said...

Aren't you glad you finished the calendar--lovely!

I've got a show scheduled for Sand Point December 5th, and it's turning colder again . . . noooooo!!!!!! (No heat in the hangar.)

Happy Holidaze,

~ Debi

P.S. The cropping of images makes my booth look more professional than the mess it really is!

AiringMyLaundry said...

I LOVE that calender. So pretty.

Together We Save said...

I love your Advent calendar!! So cute....and I see your family is growing!! How exciting.

Lauren said...

I LOOOOVE MY ADVENT CALENDAR!!! THANK YOUUUUU!!!!!

kieri said...

I love my advent calendar too! And I love our new ornament :)