Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Gifts that are Hand Made

A question that has been bothering me all day…

Gifts that are HAND MADE

When it comes to gifts… would you like to receive a hand made gift… or do you really (even secretly) want a gift card… or something bought at a “brick&mortar” store?

No really… I WANT TO KNOW.

You see, I love making things. I love receiving things that are hand made, home made, created by hand. Am I nuts? Am I living in a creative dream?

And now it’s Mothers Day. And I am frantically making things for my mom, neighbors etc.

I don’t care if it’s not appreciated (by my neighbors anyway) but do you like hand made items? …or is the answer a big fat - *DEPENDS ON WHAT IT IS* and you won’t hurt my feelings if you say no.

And yes I really want to know

Do you like receiving Hand Made Gifts?

I will give anyone and everyone who answers the question (more than just ‘yes or no’ and without using the word ‘DEPENDS’ ) a prize…

A HANDMADE PRIZE, (ha ha ha ha ha) so if you answered the question with no, tough you’re still getting a handmade prize! just a little slice of my humor.

Leave me a comment and then email me your mailing address and you will get some of my creative gift tags. Not too shabby since you can use the tags on a HAND MADE gift, or a STORE BOUGHT gift!!!

Win win We all win.

Thanks for playing.

Contest open until midnight Sunday May 9th!

14 Wonderful People Who Commented:

Suzanne said...

I like it all! Handmade, store bought, internet purchased, hand me downs. I like gifts. Period. So, my official answer would be "Yay to homemade!"

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I for one love getting handmade, homemade items..since I love doing it myself..I love that someone thought enough to give me a handmade gift..I think it means more...

Kissed by an Angel said...

I always appreciate homemade gifts!! the time, effort and love that goes into them is the gift!!!
xxxx

Gilbert Family said...

i loooove homemade stuff. its one of a kind. gift cards are nice, but so impersonal.

Susan Anderson said...

Handmade gifts are always my favorite. Always.

=)

Janet Metzger, Artist said...

I love handmade gifts! Unfortunately for me, people assume I can make everything myself, so I never get any ..which makes me very sad. I love buying from others artist's and crafters. I hate malls and big stores, so handmade suits me just fine. I love the personal story behind each item...don't get that at Macys or {{shutter}}} Walmart.
your friend,
Janet
PS..thanks for your sweet blog comment about my apron ;-)

ditzymoi said...

I love handmade gifts :) One of my favorite things ever are the Christmas ornaments you made me year before last .. I know I will look forward to seeing them unpacked and decorating the tree every year !

Lauren said...

i like handmade gifts... the fact that it is unique and special makes it even more wonderful.
plus, gifts are always nice, no matter what they are.

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

Handmade gifts mean so much more to me and always have honey.
I think you making your gifts for mothers day is really a loving thing to do. Who would not appreciate it.
Just had to come by and say hi and thank you for your sweet get well wishes for me.
I am slowly getting there.
Love
Maggie

The McEwans said...

I like them. I'm doing all handmade stuff for Christmas this year...if I can find something to make for my dad and fil. Guys are SO hard to buy for! They all want the expensive stuff.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I like to receive a gift and it doesn't matter if it is handmade or store bought...as long as some thought went into it...with one exception: when my daughters were very young, my husband took them shopping at Home Depot for my mother's day gift - - they came home with the "best seat in the house" for me (a padded toilet seat) and that was the last time he put some "thought" into a gift - - he is now "guided" by me!

Debbie said...

I absolutely love homemade gifts. It means someone actually took the time in the gift. Don't get me wrong, I like all gifts, homemade or store bought, but homemade are special to me. Maybe it is because I am a gramdmother and anything made by the kids is great!! One year my daughter and son in law made stepping stones with the kids hand prints or foot prints in the stone, and they are my most prized gift ever!

God Bless~
Debbie Jean

Momza said...

Homemade. Always. Anything.

carmen said...

I love handmade gifts. I love that someone thought enough of me to spend time making something special and unique for me. I have little kids, too, and I just love the gifts they make for me. So Special!