Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Saturday, May 29, 2010

I scored at the Garage Sales

disclaimer: I live in a small town where 65% of the population is over 65. There are a LOT of yard sales ...reasons: downsizing/death/moving/to make friends. Most garage/yard/estate sales are on Friday, I can only go on Sat.
I went over my Garage Sale Budget but I found a great find...
A beautiful CROWN, in it's own little carrying case!!!! WAY COOL. I love crowns. (right Shelly?) I often tell my girls to call me the Queen Mum, hahaha, not really. But I do love crowns and have a couple charms of crowns and an old Christmas decoration that is a crown.. and well... I just HAD to get this one yesterday. The lady said that it belonged to a friend of hers.. well I'm just going to make up the story that the wear-er was crowned Miss Lavender Patch!
Other scores were: 2 lamps for one dollar... and (I know you'll be shocked) ANOTHER crockpot, just a baby one this time, and some cool 3d pictures for 25cents a piece.

Oh YEAH, just call me the Queen of Cute.

10 Wonderful People Who Commented:

Get Nestled In said...

AWESOME finds!! Seriously? A crown? LOVE it!!!

T.bird

The McEwans said...

Awesome :)

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

that crown is really neat!!! that could be a tree topper..oh and that little crock could hold your bees wax for dipping all sorts of things..that's what I use mine for...;) when I make those salt dough cookies..I dip them in my little crock..oh and "you look Mavleous dahling"..have a good rest of your weekend.;)

Shell said...

Okay,,,,,hand over that Tiara and NO ONE GETS HURT!
That is to DIE FOR!!! Can't you take a Friday off sometime in the near future and take me garage sale hoppin'?????
I have to come over and check out your neck of the woods,,,and as mentioned your welcome to the "red carpet treatment" here missy!!!

Egads,,,,if it rains ANYMORE I am going to lose my PNW Native MIND! Hopefully it'll be at least DRY in Spokane next weekend for Farm Chicks, if not SUNNY!!!

You know I want that Tiara girlfriend,,,,and you'd best be sending it my way if you know whats good for you!!!

Enjoy our soggy weekend!!!
Hugs and Love,
Shell

Lauren said...

where;s the pic of you at work? it was so cute!

Susan Anderson said...

You are definitely the garage sale queen!

=)

PS. And now, you have proof...

Kissed by an Angel said...

gorgeous tiara!! Love it!!
xxxx

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

How funny you are the Queen of Cute!
Wish I could look that good taking a close up of me..hahaha
Miss coming by here but wanted to check in on you.
Great bargains you managed to take away with you. Wish I lived in your area so I could go with you. If I can ever get out of this house again I will feel like a million dollar cutie myself...lol
It would be great to have a crown to put in my box tomorrow to send to the winner of my giveaway but that is not something I found out at Warrenton.
Hope you entered I will be drawing in the morning
Love
Maggie

carmen said...

I absolutely LOVE the crown! And the lamps, too!

Momza said...

Love. It. Every Mom should own one!
Now I know what I'm on the look out for this weekend!
I needs it.