Home about tutorials recipes before/after

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Making MORE flowers

I'm trying ALL the techniques for making flowers.
You use the wire ribbon for these lovelies!!
For the above flower, I used about 2 1/2 yrds of ribbon.
After cutting your length of ribbon, on one end, you pull a little bit of each wire and wrap them together to anchor them so they won't pull out. At the other end you take ONE side of the wire and pull it through.
You'll have LOTS of wire to deal with so just cut off a bit so you won't have tons of wire like above. You will need to gather the whole length of ribbon. When you have gathered the whole length of wire, start with the inside (the part where you tied the two wires together. Roll it (hiding the tied wires).
Have a felt circle ready... put a dot of hot glue in the middle and center that first couple of rolls of ribbon onto the glue. Then you just keep rolling, gluing and turning the felt until you have a flower!
I used all sorts of lengths. The larger 2 are about 2 1/2 yrs. the center two are about 1 1/2 to 2yrs. and the smaller ones are just left over wire ribbons
Here is a pretty small piece, but it made a nice rose.
This wire ribbon is pretty stiff and makes a reallllly nice bud in the middle.
This piece was short and pretty flopsy and is nice but not a real bud in the middle.
Again, a short piece but a nice firm bud.
I love making flowers. But I really don't know where I'll use them. I just like them. Any ideas?

6 Wonderful People Who Commented:

DeEtta said...

I love the flowers, that is something I think I could do. Hope you don't mind me checking in on you from time to time. Once in a while I get a glimpse of your mother, who I love and adore. She is one of my favorite people.

Susan Anderson said...

This actually looks like something even I might be able to pull off!

Thanks.

=)

Em said...

i vote for girly headbow pieces with clips for a giveaway!!!! lol, really though, they'd be great for headbows. tell lauren to get on with baby #2 and maybe it will be a girl, ;-) haha

sherree said...

these are adorable!!!!I was just looking for fun ways to decorate girls flip flops for a activity tomorrow.these would be so cute glued on top of a flip flop than you could make a headband with a matching flower.I might have to practice a bit. yours are just so pretty.

Kissed by an Angel said...

They are so pretty!!Clever you!!! Thank you for showing us!!
xxxx

Sheri@childmade.com said...

Well that sure looks like an easy way to gather the ribbon! And I bet the flowers can be reshaped if they get squashed accidentally. Thanks for sharing ... I've posted a link.